The Cayman Islands Companies Act requires every company to keep proper books of account. Such books must give a true and fair view of the state of affairs of the company and be sufficient to explain its transactions. In addition to the requirements of the legislation, the directors of a company will require the maintenance of proper accounting records in order to fulfill their fiduciary responsibilities.
Similarly, trustees and personal representatives of estates are under a legal obligation to give an account of their stewardship of the trust and estate funds when called upon. In addition to the legal obligation placed on trustees and personal representatives, the preparation of accounts is also a matter of sound practice. Accurate records are necessary for administering the trust or estate effectively.
Given the elevated complexity of family arrangements, litigation and contentious matters often go hand-in-hand with forensic accounting investigations. These investigations can range from large-scale, multi-jurisdictional financial investigations in support of complex legal cases to targeted asset-tracing exercises. In either case, our specialist forensic accounting team can mobilise quickly and help establish the facts.
Rawlinson & Hunter in the Cayman Islands owns and operates Rawlinson & Hunter Services Ltd., a full service accounting entity whose services range from basic bookkeeping through to the complete outsourcing o the finance function and associated activities.
We are able to provide a variety of customised reports to suit our clients’ unique needs and circumstances. These include, but are not limited to:
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance Level
- Preparation of bespoke Management Reports
- Compilation of Financial Statements to satisfy reporting and filing requirements
- Preparation of Statements of Affairs for immigration and other purposes
- Accurate distinction and reporting of income and capital accounts in accordance with the trust settlement
- Full suite of forensic and historic accounting services
- Estate accounting and expense tracking
- On-site assistance and consultations
We currently provide accounting services to the following entities:
- Trusts and Estates
- Asset Holding Companies
- Private Trust Companies
- Special Purpose Vehicles (structured finance transactions)
- Cayman Resident individuals
- Stratas and Property Management
- Clubs and Societies
- Local business